Designed for big adventures.Crossing the Haute Route or staying overnight in a refuge? The TOUR40 AIRBAG is designed to accompany your most amazing adventures. Capacity expandable to 50L.
Designed for new horizons.
How about taking your airbag with you on your next multi-day adventure? Now you can with the TOUR40 REACTOR.
Its 40L carrying capacity, expandable to 50L through its large ROLL-TOP design, and stretchy external pockets and external straps allow you to carry everything you need and then some. To grab gear stowed at the bottom of your pack, a large zippered opening provides full access to the main compartment.
Weighing just 2.2kg equipped with the airbag system and a carbon canister, this pack is by far the lightest avalanche airbag backpack designed for multi-day tours.
No feature went overlooked. The TOUR40 AIRBAG has compression straps, rope and helmet holders, as well as multiple options for attaching skis, ice axes, poles or a splitboard.
The quick-access pocket on the outside of the pack for your shovel/probe combo can also carry your skins on the descent.
The TOUR40 is equipped with the ARVA REACTOR avalanche airbag system, the lightest, most compact and high-performance airbag system on the market, making your tours in the backcountry that much safer.
Eco-friendly: 100% of the fabrics used for the TOUR series are recycled. We use a 330D MIPAN REGEN-ROBIC recycled polyamide, as well as 200D and 300D recycled polyester. Our backpacks are also PFC-FREE.
Modular: The TOUR40 AIRBAG is compatible with our SWITCH technology.
The TOUR40 AIRBAG includes two components: the TOUR40 SWITCH COVER + the REACTOR SWITCH FRAME
Key benefits of the ARVA REACTOR avalanche airbag system:
Double the safety: 2 separate airbags.
The lightest avalanche airbag system on the market: 680 g.
The most powerful inflation system on the market.
Airbags shaped to protect your head and maximize the rise-to-surface effect in an avalanche.
Trigger handle ergonomically positioned and designed.
You can remove the canister from the system to practice pulling the trigger handle.
No electronics or batteries to manage.
Removable system compatible with all ARVA REACTOR packs.
- Expandable capacity
- Quick and easy A-frame ski carry system
- Quick-access exterior pockets
- MIPAN REGEN-Robic recycled fabric
- Compression system
- Trigger handle pouch
Expandable capacitySince hikes over several days can hold surprises, the TOUR40 REACTOR's volume is extremely flexible. Need more volume than usual? The rolltop closure lets you transport up to 50L. The straps under the pack also let you attach a mattress underneath. Did you unload your pack at the refuge? It can be compressed significantly using the carrying straps at the side and under the pack.
Quick and easy A-frame ski carry systemAttach skis to your pack in just two clips. The A-frame ski carry system works especially well for wider skis and spreads the load more evenly. We recommend also using a strap to attach the ski tips and spread the tails apart.
Quick-access exterior pocketsTwo expandable pockets on the sides of the pack provide immediate access to things you may need quickly. Water bottle, gloves, hat, skins, fleece,… You will be surprised how much you can have at your fingertips!
MIPAN REGEN-Robic recycled fabricThe very first polyamide fabric made with recycled thread, MIPAN REGEN technology represents a genuine innovation for technical textiles. Extremely waterproof and abrasion resistant, our high-performance, rugged N330D MIPAN REGEN-ROBIC fabric lasts much longer than traditional backpack fabrics.
Compression systemFor trips where you do not fill your pack completely, you can use the side straps to compress it, making it even more compact and close to your back.
Trigger handle pouchTo make sure that your airbag does not deploy unintentionally when maneuvering far from avalanche prone slopes, the trigger handle can now be stowed in its own dedicated pouch.
3D-FITOur 3D-FIT system allows you to quickly adjust your pack to your fit preferences and body size for maximum comfort. Select S, M, or L in just one pull to instantly adjust back height, shoulder strap length, and the position of the REACTOR trigger handle for the perfect fit.
- 1950 gr
- Very large 40 L capacity, expandable up to 50L.
- Dual access to the main compartment.
- Top access through the rolltop opening.
- Full access to the main compartment via zipper.
- Dedicated external pocket with convenient sleeves to stow your snow-safety gear.
- Very large pocket to stow your goggles or other small valuables.
- Two expandable and sturdy side pockets for a water bottle or other items.
- C an carry 2 ice axes.
- Rope carrying system.
- Carry skis diagonally or in an A-Frame.
- Splitboard compatible.
- Pack volume compression system.
- Includes a built-in helmet holder with storage pocket.
- Equipped with the ARVA REACTOR airbag system.
- LOW PROFILE airbag compartment.
- Adjustable left/right leg safety loop.
- TUV GS certified.
- Daisy Chain system for attaching accessories.
- SWITCH modular system compatible.
- Materials: MIPAN REGEN-ROBIC 330D Recycled Polyamide and 200D and 300D R ecycled Polyester for a durable backpack.
- Comfortable 70 g removable belt with a large quick-access zippered pocket and a very
- stretchy mesh pocket.
- Compatible with multiple hydration systems.
- Soft, lightweight shoulder straps.
- Left/right handed trigger handle clips.
- Protective storage pocket for the trigger handle.
- Comfortable, water-resistant, thermoformed back panel.
- Back size adjustable from 40 cm - 50 cm.
- 3D-FIT 3-in-1 adjustment system.
- Safety whistle.
- Meets the EN16716 standard.
- SWITCH modular system compatible.
- Materials: MIPAN REGEN-ROBIC 330D recycled polyamide, 200D recycled polyester and 330D high-strength polyester.