An avalanche airbag backpack designed for long tours, the R40 offers the largest capacity available for a pack equipped with the REACTOR airbag system. This pack works perfectly for backcountry enthusiasts venturing off on a multi-day tour with a lot of gear.
The R40’s revamped, improved, and simpler design makes it easier to use. Every backcountry enthusiast will love this pack. A new side opening provides quick access to the main compartment. The widened top opening means greater ease getting to or stowing your gear. The new, more practical R40 also provides greater capacity, with a full 45L for you to pack all your gear by using the extendable collar with an adjustable floating lid. Remove the lid to save weight and streamline your pack.
Warning: Cartridge not included
- Adjustable floating lid
- Multiple openings to main compartment
- Rope-carrying system
- Dedicated snow-safety equipment pocket
- CORDURA fabric
- TUV GS certified
Adjustable floating lidWeighing 80g, it allows you to increase the capacity of your back to 45L. In just a few seconds, switch from one style to another. It provides stability to the extension collar as well as increased protection from snow. Adjusts easily based on how much you pack.
Multiple openings to main compartment
- Top loading
- Quick-access side openings
Rope-carrying systemWe know that for certain routes and adventures you need to take a rope to stay safe. The R40 includes a secure rope-carrying system that is quick and easy to adjust to any length of rope you choose
Dedicated snow-safety equipment pocketSince we know just how vital it is to be quick and efficient in rescue situations, we placed a dedicated pocket on the front of the pack for quick access to your snow-safety equipment.
3D-FITOur 3D-FIT system allows you to quickly adjust your pack to your fit preferences and body size for maximum comfort. Select S, M, or L in just one pull to instantly adjust back height, shoulder strap length, and the position of the REACTOR trigger handle for the perfect fit.
CORDURA fabricCORDUA is a synthetic fabric with 3 times the abrasion resistance of other typical polyamide fabrics. While durable and incredibly robust, it remains relatively thin and lightweight.
TUV GS certifiedOur product manufacturing process received TUV GS certification for reliability and quality after passing the rigorous testing standards of the German test laboratory TUV SUD.
- 2180 g
- Capacity: 40L.
- Equipped with the ARVA REACTOR airbag system.
- Floating (removable) lid.
- Top and front access to main compartment.
- Flat front pocket with quick and easy access.
- Waist belt equipped with side pocket.
- Two ice-axe loops.
- Diagonal ski carrying system.
- Snowboard and snowshoe carrying system.
- Rope carry system.
- Compatible with the ARVA helmet holder.
- Dedicated snow-safety gear pocket.
- 3D-FIT shoulder straps.
- Compatible with most hydration systems.
- Dedicated pocket for goggles and valuables.
- Comfortable back panel with thick ventilated foam padding.
- Sternum strap includes an emergency whistle.
- Reinforced front panel.
- Composition: polyamide 210D CORDURA ripstop/210D polyamide ripstop/210D polyamide diamond durability backing to withstand the harshest conditions.
- TUV GS certified.
- Complies with EN16716 standards.
- YKK Zippers.
The world’s first ever eco-designed avalanche airbag backpack, the Calgary 18 REACTOR is the preferred companion for environmentally-conscious freeriders.
This environmentally-friendly backpack is equipped with the lightest, most compact, high-performance dual airbag system on the market.
The R18 PRO FLEX is the most compact backpack of the FLEX line.
Made with tough, durable fabric and straps to carry either your skis or snowboard, this is the ideal volume for any freeride adventure.
If you need more room, use our FLEX zipper technology to vary the pack’s carrying capacity in just a few seconds.