This very functional compact avalanche airbag backpack is designed for short tours and provides several carrying options.
Light and compact airbag backpack which integrates the REACTOR technology. The R18 is the ideal pack for freeriding or touring. The mounting options and its features make it an all-roundbackpack. This pack also includes the security of an airbag without compromising the storage space or the weight.
Warning: Cartridge not included
- Dedicated snow-safety equipment pocket
- ROBIC fabric
- TUV GS certified
- Diagonal ski carry system
Dedicated snow-safety equipment pocketSince we know just how vital it is to be quick and efficient in rescue situations, we placed a dedicated pocket on the front of the pack for quick access to your shovel and probe.
3D-FITOur 3D-FIT system allows you to quickly adjust your pack to your fit preferences and body size for maximum comfort. Select S, M, or L in just one pull to instantly adjust back height, shoulder strap length, and the position of the REACTOR trigger handle for the perfect fit.
ROBIC fabricROBIC fabric is a synthetic that is 50% tougher and 2.5 times more abrasion resistant than a classic polyamide fabric. This enhanced toughness provides us with a thin, lightweight fabric to use that has a longer lifespan than typically used fabrics.
TUV GS certifiedOur product manufacturing process received TUV GS certification for reliability and quality after passing the rigorous testing standards of the German test laboratory TUV SUD.
Diagonal ski carry systemCarrying your skis diagonally keeps them from interfering with airbag deployment in the event of an avalanche. Reversible, our system allows you to choose the diagonal direction in which you would like to carry your skis.
- 2000 g
- 33cm x 56cm x 14 cm
- Capacity: 18L.
- Equipped with the ARVA REACTOR airbag system.
- Front access to main compartment.
- Waist belt equipped with side pocket.
- Ice-axe loop.
- Diagonal left or right side ski carrying system.
- Snowboard and snowshoe carrying system.
- Compatible with the ARVA helmet holder.
- Dedicated snow-safety gear pocket.
- YKK Zippers.
- Dedicated pocket for goggles and valuables.
- Reinforced front panel.
- 3D-FIT shoulder straps.
- Compatible with most hydration systems.
- Comfortable back panel with thick ventilated foam padding.
- Sternum strap includes an emergency whistle.
- Composition: N330D mini Ripstop with PU water repellent coating.
- TUV GS certified.
- Complies with EN16716 standards.
An avalanche airbag backpack designed for long tours, the R40 offers the largest capacity available for a pack equipped with the REACTOR airbag system. This pack works perfectly for backcountry enthusiasts venturing off on a multi-day tour with a lot of gear.